Thursday, March 5, 2015

January 2015

"In case our memories fade throughout the years, we will always have this to remember our life together. This is our love story." - Brittney
 
January was busy, as usual, and I have very few pictures to prove it. Since I am writing this in March, I have a hard time remembering any other specific events...even with the help of my calendar, LOL.
 
 
What I do know, though, is that 2015 has been good to us so far!
 
Zach decided that after 15 years of playing music live every weekend, he's ready to take a break. Zach is the hardest worker I know. He works full-time, Monday-Friday, then hits the road every weekend with his band. It's been a successful 15 years and he has made so many great memories and friends along the way, but he is ready for a breather. His plan is to focus more of his time on his life at home and spend more time in his studio, writing and recording, which is what he enjoys most.
 
1/10/15: His last show (for now...we'll see how long this lasts, LOL) was at The Firehouse, in Abilene, TX. Thanks to a dear fan, Kelly, I have at least one photo of the night!
 
1/13/15: I decided that I wanted to become an amateur wine connoisseur, and subscribed to ClubW. The sent me my 3 bottles, plus 2 more. The white was delicious and the others were disappointing. I ended my subscription.
 
 
1/15/15: We just couldn't help ourselves and visited the animal shelter once again. We thought that we would give our personal dogs a break from the rescuing until Summer. When we met Wyatt, we knew that this dog would easily find a home if only he a little more time...he was running out of time at the animal shelter. So we brought him home! ...and he is wonderful!
 
Wyatt - 1 year - Retriever/Collie mix
 
Wyatt's first moments in our home.

Wyatt getting acquainted with "The Little's." They adore him.
 
1/17/15: Little miss Lulu finally got her shots and heartworm testing. Zach had to take her and he reports that she screamed, squirmed and cried more than any dog we have owned. The good news is, she is healthy!
 

1/22/15: Our dear friends, Ryan and DeAnn, invited us to Ryan's birthday party at Taylor County Taphouse. We had such a great time. Every appetizer was ordered...and all were delicious! The chicken sandwich was awesome, and Zach said the burger was good, but that the sliders (during the appetizer) were better.
 
So blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives. 


 
1/24/15: I applied to be a part of the Aspiring Administrator Academy, through our school district, and was selected. We had our first meeting today and learned a lot about curriculum development, which was very interesting.
 
1/25/15: Since the day Lulu arrived at our house in November, she has been my little sickly, sleepy dog. Now look at her. Her favorite thing to do is play chase with Wyatt every morning. 


1/30/15: Wyatt was not so excited about his neutering appointment today, but the surgery was a success and he handled it like a champ!
 
 
 
1/30/15: In December, I decided to start the process to have my tattoo removed. There are just too many professional pencil skirts that are screaming for my attention. Today was my second treatment and I took Zach along to watch. He doesn't have any tattoos (nor does he like them) and I think he took a little pleasure in my pain. LOL




No comments:

Post a Comment